Translate

Saturday 28 February 2015

Writing for Animation vs. Live Action: The difference (28/2/2015)

So while there´s still some down time till the next major chapter in the series' journey (still chasing people up over at CCR), I figured I´d stop and answer a question that is probably on the minds of many in my position: okay, so I´m a writer, and I want to be versatile, so I´ll write for animation. What´s the difference from live action?

In all honesty, not that much. Most of the basic rules, like structure and format, are identical. Really, it´s more dealing with the nature of the medium i.e. animation has to do everything from the ground up. There´s a really great article by Ducktales and Muppet Babies veteran Jeffrey Scott on what the differences are, and he's pretty thorough about what you need to do if you want to go into the world of toons.

Go check it out here, it´s really good stuff: http://www.awn.com/blog/difference-between-live-action-and-animation-writing

No comments:

Post a Comment